The UFO Incident In Iran

The Iran UFO incident took place in 1976 in Tehran and involved high-ranking military officials, F-4 fighter jets, and a multitude of credible witnesses.


Residents of Tehran, Iran, were shocked late on the evening of September 18, 1976, when they spotted what they believed to be a multicolored aircraft hovering several thousand feet above the city. Calls came in from all over, including the adjacent Mehrabad airport, but their reports were ignored until finally, Chief Air Traffic Controller Houssain Perouzi decided to look for it himself.

His binoculars focused on an unexpected object 6,000 feet in altitude and five miles away from the camera lens. With blue lights on the right and left sides and flashing red lights in the middle, the object moved unpredictably, changing its colors and even its apparent shape as it moved. When passing aircraft reported hearing emergency beeps on their radios, the situation became even worse.

Peruzzi alerted a duty officer, who, in turn, immediately notified his superior, General Youssefi, about the situation.
Youssefi stepped out onto his veranda and observed the object, which he later reported to two military radars, one at Shaharoki (135 nautical miles west-southwest) and the other at Babolsar (140 nautical miles north-northeast) (88 miles northeast). ). The signals may have been blocked by the mountains surrounding Tehran, as no device was picked up. At that time the Mehrabad radar station was not operational.

On the general’s order, an F-4 from Shaharoki was dispatched at 1:30 a.m. at the location. However, once it got within 25 nautical miles of the UFO, the aircraft’s equipment and communications systems stopped working. The only time the plane was able to restart was when the pilot pulled out.

When he turned to drive back to Tehran, he was surprised to find a UFO ahead of him on the horizon. She had arrived before him at the location he had in mind. Youssefi, who had taken up residence in the control tower, was in radio contact with the pilot, whom he instructed to jam the invader as soon as possible.

However, each time it came within 20 miles of the target, the plane experienced difficulties identical to those experienced the day before. As his plane was running out of gas, he was forced to abandon the pursuit. The object was about 14 miles away and 15,000 feet above the ground at this time.

At 13:40, a second plane took off from Shaharoki. The aircraft’s radar detected an object the size of a “707 tanker” 27 miles away from the target, according to the pilot. As the pilot approached the UFO, it began to move away, which was confirmed by his radar. The following is detailed in a United States Air Force memo issued by Lt. Col. Olin R Mooy, who interviewed the pilot:

The visual size of the object was difficult to make out due to its intense glow. The light it emitted was that of flashing strobe lights arranged in a rectangular pattern and alternating blue, green, and orange colors. The sequence of lights was so fast that all colors could be seen at once. The object and the tracked F-4 continued south of Tehran when another brightly lit object, estimated to be one-half to one-third the apparent size of the moon, exited the original object. This second object headed straight for the F-4 at a very fast speed. The pilot attempted to fire an AIM-9 missile at the object, but at that moment the weapons control panel went out and he lost all communications (UHF and intercom). At this point, the pilot initiated a turn and negative G dive to escape. When he turned, the object fell behind him 3–4 nautical miles. The second object followed, then returned to the main object for a perfect reunion.

Shortly after the second object merged with the primary object, another object appeared to emerge from the other side of the primary object, descending directly at a high speed.

The F-4 crew had regained communications and the weapons control panel and were watching the object approach the ground anticipating a large explosion. This object appeared to rest lightly on the ground and cast a very bright light over an area of ​​about 2–3 kilometers. The crew descended from their altitude of 25,000 to 15,000 feet and continued to observe and mark the position of the object. They had some difficulty adjusting their night vision for landing, so after orbiting Mehrabad a few times, they went out for a direct landing.

The only civilian airliner approaching Mehrabad at the same time experienced a communications failure in the same vicinity (Kilo Zulu) but reported no sightings. While the F-4 was in its vicinity for a long time, the crew observed another cylinder-shaped object (about the size of a T-bird [jet trainer] 10 nautical miles away with bright, fixed lights at each end and a flasher in the middle. When questioned, the tower stated that no other traffic was known to be in the area.

“During the day, the F-4 crew was taken out by helicopter to the area where the object landed. Nothing was seen where they thought the object had landed (a dry lake bed), but as they circled to the west of the area, they heard a very visible beep. They landed and asked those inside the house if they had noticed anything strange the previous night. People were talking about a loud noise and a very bright light like lightning. The aircraft and the area where the object is believed to have landed have been checked for possible radiation.”

Just like a saucer and the cockpit was like half a ball, the color of the light in the cockpit was different from what it had outside. It was almost yellow.”

General Azerbarzin stated that the United States Air Force had received all the records of the investigation, which he said were complete. Although the Air Force insisted that the only record of the event was the Mooy note, this was not accepted by many people at the time. (According to two students who study official UFO policy, “Reliable sources within the government informed us that the Iranian dossier was about an inch and a half thick.”

That memo was distributed to an impressive list of offices and agencies, including the secretary of state, the Central Intelligence Agency, the White House, the Joint Chiefs of Staff of the Air Force and the Army, the Chief of Naval Operations, the Defense Intelligence Agency, the Commander in Chief of United States Naval Forces in the Middle East, the Commander in Chief of US Air Forces in Europe, the European Defense Air Command and the Commander in Chief of United States Forces in Europe.

This case is a classic that meets all the necessary criteria for a valid study of the UFO phenomenon:

a) The object was seen by several witnesses from different locations (ie, Shemiran, Mehrabad, and the dry lake bed) and vantage points (both aerial and ground).

b) The credibility of many of the witnesses was high (an Air Force general, qualified aircrew, and experienced tower operators).

c) Visual observations were confirmed by radar.

d) Similar electromagnetic effects (EME) were reported by three separate aircraft.

e) There were physiological effects on some crew members (ie, loss of night vision due to the brightness of the object).

f) UFOs showed excessive maneuverability.

Another incredible UFO experience that remains unexplained to this day…

Leave a Reply